Brief Posting Description
The Human Resources Manager provides a full range of human resources expertise and is responsible in managing all functions within HR including recruiting, compensation, benefits, talent management and non-union employee relations. This individual will report directly to the Director of Human Resources.
- Providing leadership and mentoring to HR team members to develop skills and encourage professional growth. Responsible for performance management, coaching, developing and PPR’s for direct reports.
- Weekly reporting to the Director, HR on a series of metrics including turnover, ETA headcount, A&D statistics, employee relations, project resourcing, recruitment and other information that may need to be reported on to senior management and operations.
- Lead recruiting and talent acquisition by supervising HR Specialists responsible for resourcing and talent acquisition. Primarily responsible to ensure operational needs are met timely with highly qualified candidates. Recruitment methods are viable and robust to attract talented resources, as well as project staffing plans are created at the proposal stage and prior to mobilization. Staffing plans to include mobilization and demobilization plans that align with operations expectations and requirements.
- Participation in market data research on compensation by working with KBR’s Compensation Group on areas that need to be reviewed specific to a job or region in Canada; involvement in the Annual Merit Review (AMR) process, including guidance and training of managers; work closely with the Payroll Group to ensure accurate payment of all employees, this includes processing allowances or pay advances and monitoring data integrity in the Oracle system.
- Work closely with the Director, HR on learning and development (L&D) strategic plans that need to be created and implemented; training management and employees on existing programs including People, Performance, Results (PPR), AMR, Code of Business Conduct (COBC), KBR University, as well as newly created programs. This could include one-on-one training or lunch-and-learn sessions for large groups.
- Oversight of processes and procedure, ensuring all processes are continually reviewed for efficiency and KBR compliance. Ensuring HR best practices are followed in all areas from on-boarding, data entry integrity, document management, recruitment and employee life cycle transactions. Communication and training on work processes, as well as auditing to ensure compliance.
- Ensures compliance with Labour, Employment, Privacy and Human Rights Legislation. This individual will be the Privacy Officer for KBR Wabi Ltd.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related discipline and 9+ years of experience, at least 5 years of which must be in a managerial capacity
- Ability to travel 20% of the time
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of ethical behavior
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Experienced in adapting to changes in a work environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Work effectively, professionally and tactfully with Business Unit team leaders, senior staff, and outside companies and public agencies
- Understanding of the national industrial construction work environment
- Understanding of multiple provincial labour standards and laws
- Experience working with Christian Labour Association of Canada
- Knowledge of Canadian Employment Law
· Experience in the Construction industry
· Certified HR Professional (CHRP) designation
How To Apply